My name is Desmond Rodriguez. I grew up in Wisconsin and have lived here my entire life. I graduated from UW-Milwaukee with a BFA in Film/Video/New Genres. I love saying the full title because it makes it seem all important. I’m currently married to the funniest and best friend I’ve ever had, Alexa Verite. She’s a VFX and 2D Artist and gets better every day.
If I had to label my main hobbies it would be as follows:
- Watching NFL football (Mostly the best team ever, the Green Bay Packers).
- Playing video games (Heroes of the Storm, Dragon Age, Star Wars Anything, and various others).
- Watching good shows (Walking Dead, Lost, Game of Thrones, Parks and Rec).
- Having Alexa suggest anime for us to watch (There’s a huge list and I’m slowly watching more)!
- Playing MTG with friends (Krenko is my bae).
- Playing board games (You’re looking at a master Ticket To Ride player here. But I love them all. Quelf is my jam).
- Listening to quality music (I love it all, but Two Steps from Hell is truly awesome for me).
I’ve always had sort of a love of writing. Since grade school, I’ve taken a huge interest in stories, characters, and worlds built in literature. That manifested itself in my interest in a film degree after my first year of school. I would say that I have quite a long way to go in terms of film making, but I’m learning more each day. For me, writing is one of the best mediums to convey the inner thoughts and feelings I have. To be able to translate the raw unfiltered things I experience throughout my day into stories with characters that feel alive is my goal.
This site is the first step towards seeing that goal come true.
I’d say my dream job at this point is to be a writer for a gaming company. It’s a medium that I’ve been intimate with since youth and would give me great fulfillment.
Thanks for joining me on my journey. Let’s go put some good in the world.
Desmond “Dezz” Rodriguez